- What is co-op housing?
- About CHF BC
- Save more
- BC Talk
Chair-person for CHF BC Education Program
The Co-operative Housing Federation of BC (CHF BC) is a co-operative membership association made up of housing co-ops and supporting organizations in British Columbia. Our mission is to unite, represent and serve our members in a thriving co-operative housing movement. There are more than 260 non-profit housing co-ops in BC, with over 14,500 households. Most of these housing co-ops are members of our association. The purpose of the CHF BC education program is to support these members in the achievement of the highest standards of sound management, good governance and principled leadership within healthy communities. Part of our education program is a consultation service where our member housing co-ops can request a consultant to come to their co-op to chair a meeting. Many of our members have discovered the benefits of using an external chair-person, and consequently this service is becoming more popular. We are looking for experienced people to join our team of consultants who can offer chairing services.
- Our chairing service is requested on an ad hoc basis, therefore we cannot promise how much work will be available.
- You are not obliged to accept chairing work that is offered to you.
- Payment is currently $87 per hour calculated by the time spent at the co-op (with a minimum of two hours).
- Approximately one hour is required to prepare to chair a meeting – additional funds are not paid for this.
- Travel expenses can be claimed with a mileage allowance of 48 cents per km or $15 (whichever is greater), or reimbursement for transit.
- An additional fee of $43.50 is paid if you have to travel more than 35km to chair a meeting at one of our member housing co-ops.
To apply you need:
- Experience chairing meetings at housing co-ops.
- Knowledge of CHF BC: our programs and services.
- Experience using CHF BC’s rules of order.
- A good understanding of the legal framework that affects housing co-ops, particularly The Co-op Act.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Model Rules, both 1.0 and 2.0.
If you have any questions please contact Sophie Cooper, Education Director at CHF BC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the recruitment notice and application form. To apply complete the application form (second page of the recruitment notice) and submit it to email@example.com by Wednesday October 12, 2016.