6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. | Zoom
Conflict will always be part of living in a community. This workshop will explore when to involve the co-op in a dispute and when not to. We will also look at what gets in the way of effective responses to conflicts and review the options that are available to co-ops for the resolution of disputes.
When asked if they have successfully resolved the majority of member conflicts over the past thirty years, most co-ops respond with a resounding “No”. To build strong communities in our co-ops, we need to have a basic understanding of conflict and be clear about our role in resolving disputes.
This workshop will cover:
- Brief overview of why and how different types of conflict occur
- How to depersonalize conflict
- The Board’s role in handling conflict
- How to prevent conflict and the role of good governance and strong management
- Opportunities to redefine the co-op’s role with Model Rules 2.0
Facilitator: Chris Whyte
All webinars are $40/person or $200 for six registrations from one co-op.
Non-member rates are $80/person or $400 for six registrations from one co-op.