Space heating of homes accounts for a large percentage of a home’s energy consumption and heat pumps are considered the most energy efficient, and climate-friendly, space heating option available.
City Green Solutions in partnership with BC Hydro, and municipal partners is seeking to better understand the costs and benefits of heat pump installations across British Columbia in its Make the Switch Study. It is offering $100 for homeowners (like co-op members) who complete their survey.
You are eligible to participate if:
- your co-op includes single family detached homes, town homes, duplexes, row homes or mobile homes
- you converted your primary heating system from natural gas furnace or boiler to an all-electric air source heat pump between January 01, 2018 to October 31, 2020
- you are willing to provide utility billing data for its natural gas and electricity utilities from 2016 to 2021 inclusive, or for as far back as it is able to access, and to complete the program survey
By taking part in this study you will:
- Support research that improves understanding the purchase and operating costs and homeowners motivations for switching to an electric air source heat pump.
- Contribute to the future development of home energy improvement and climate action programs in your community.
If you or your co-op hasn’t made the switch, consider your heating (and cooling!) options as part of a comprehensive asset management planning exercise. CHF BC can help. Contact our Planning and Renewal
team at firstname.lastname@example.org