Back to top ^

Technical Reports

Engineers possess the technical expertise required to professionally assess buildings. Their work is critical because professional assessments allow building owners to develop a real understanding of what their buildings require, over time, to keep functioning safely and as designed.

The role of technical reports has grown for both co-ops and strata units. They are used for internal planning, but also for dealing with outside parties, such as lenders, regulators and property assessment authorities. Obtaining and updating reports is important, and engineers offer several different kinds of assessment services. The needs of your co-op will determine which kind of report makes most sense. The most common report is a building condition assessment (BCA). Other reports may involve specialized testing services that better estimate costs for co-ops with concerns about particular building systems, but they can’t fully replace a comprehensive review of all the co-op assets.