The HR coordinator plays a key role in supporting the senior management team in providing services in support of issues relating to the management of the employee experience at the CHF BC Group, including COHO, CLT and CHF BC.
They build effective and respectful partnerships with employees and implement decisions relating to payroll, attendance management and ensuring that our HR practices are consistent in terms of relevant policies, the collective agreement, legislation, health and safety and other statutes that determine the conditions of employment.
They are also responsible for administration of the employee benefits program and attendance management plus any other platforms used to manage the employee experience. Additionally, they will support the organization’s occupational health and safety program. They will identify issues and situations that are complex and non-routine that may be a risk for the CHF BC group and refers those issues to management.
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant post-secondary degree or equivalent experience in a senior management role
- Formal training and certification in labor and employee relations and experience administering collective agreements
- Extensive management experience growing and developing operations and administration of organizations
- Substantial experience working in the non-profit or community sectors
- Strong understanding of board governance
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and experience anticipating future consequences and trends and incorporating them into an operational plan
- Proven track record of strong leadership in a team environment
- Experience developing risk management controls and contingency plans
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to oversee HR functions such as benefits administration, wellness, recruitment and selection and WorksafeBC programs
- Ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, attracting and developing top-quality employees and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
- Highly developed communications skills
- Demonstrated ethical and professional behaviour
- A desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems
- Ability to approach duties with integrity and fairness combined with the flexibility and courage to shift direction and experiment with new initiatives
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people and personalities
$52,892 – $63,024 (based on 35 hour work week)
You can read the full job description here. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted