// CODE COMMENTED OUT BELOW IS TO REMOVE AUTHOR FROM DISPLAYING
// ======================BEGIN================================= ?>
//echo get_avatar( get_the_author_meta('user_email'), $size = '50'); ?>
//= get_the_author(); ?>
// ========================END================================= ?>
Our board provides us with strategic direction, and in 2021 our strategic priorities were updated (pdf) to reflect a sense of belonging, sustainability practices, and the expansion of our movement.
Strategic Priority #1 – Belonging
Inspire housing co-ops to be communities that promote and embody equitable access, opportunity, respect, and a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Help housing co-ops identify and work to remove barriers to equity and inclusion.
- Model best practices to promote equity and inclusion and to increase diversity among CHF BC directors, staff, workshop leaders, contractors, and consultants.
- Refresh our education program, management services and development practices to reflect this strategic priority.
Strategic Priority #2 – Sustainability
Model and promote the principles and best practices of social, economic and environmental sustainability in everything we do and encourage our members to do the same.
- Refresh our education and member services, management services and development practices to reflect this strategic priority.
- Ensure that CHF BC is financially and organizationally sustainable in the long term.
- Partner with members, allies, stakeholders, and others to maximize the impact of our efforts.
Strategic Priority #3 – Growth
Champion the ongoing and significant development of co‑op homes to expand our movement and increase the availability of co-operative housing in BC.
- Continue advancing the community land trust as an engine of growth and a steward of assets in the community housing sector.
- Support the redevelopment of existing co-ops to add more co-op homes and protect existing members’ security of tenure.
- Pursue the acquisition of existing purpose-built rental housing for conversion to housing co‑ops.
Mission and Vison
Our mission and vison remain consistent.
Unite, represent and serve our members in a thriving co-operative housing movement.
Growing an inclusive community of sustainable and permanently affordable co‑operative housing,